Idursulfase (By injection)
Improves walking ability in people with Hunter syndrome.
ElapraseThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Tell your doctor if you had an allergic reaction to idursulfase, because you might need other medicine or a different schedule to prevent a reaction.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease, lung disease, or breathing problems.
- This medicine may cause a serious allergic reaction up to 24 hours after you receive it.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild skin itching
- Muscle or joint pain
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved