Albumin, iodinated I-131 (By injection)
Albumin, Iodinated I-131 (al-BUE-min, EYE-oh-di-nay-ted I-131)
Used during certain medical tests. This medicine is radioactive substance.
VolumexThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to albumin, iodinated I-131 or benzyl alcohol. If you are breastfeeding a baby, you may need to stop breastfeeding for a short time after receiving this medicine. Talk to your doctor about the length of time you need to formula feed your baby.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant.
- While using this medicine, you may be exposed to the dangers of radiation. Talk to your doctor about this risk and precautions you need to take.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood several times while you are receiving this test.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved